From: Gene Bush [mailto: genebush@otherside.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 06:48:29 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] throw away society Records

Oh! Goodness!<br> Now you have done it...... I have been staying out of
the CD / record /<br>tape thing thus far because I am supposed to be
working on my 04 catalog.<br>Your mention brings back the fact that I
have a boxed set of Ella's records<br>I have not heard in ages
now....... Then I miss Ann Murray in her collage<br>days.. but that was
somewhat later.... The Platters singing Smoke Gets in<br>Your Eyes, a
glass of wine and some candle light... dancing with your<br>favorite....
so long ago and only yesterday. Such feelings.... the<br>flame-like
intensity... now ..... sigh..... All the records are up in the<br>back
of the closet, the turn table up in the attic someplace....<br> Far too
early for this.... I am not finished with my first cup of
listening to Ella (Fitzgerald) and Louis (Armstrong) and all<br>> their
cronies plus the big bands, just "feels" better on a record player<br>>
to me...the sound might be smoother on a CD but it doesn't seem as<br>>
authentic and when I'm in the mood for Ella and company, I want it
to<br>> feel real...so even with the advancing technology, I'll keep my
record<br>> collection, thanks.<br>> Melody, IA (Z
text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT<br><br>