RE: problem tree roots

We have scored a line and used a chisel to crack them.... not an easy
job and they also need some hacking to make it smooth....

Just incase you can't rent a saw. Around here it was a couple hundred
dollars with the min rental.... and I only needed to cut 4 blocks :(

Any new construction around your home... if they are laying bricks, they
would have a saw on site and maybe you could charm your way into them
cutting them? .... which is what I did for three of them...:)