From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Donna
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2003 5:26 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] garden wall progress

You have done a great job there Theresa!.... that wall is turning out
wonderful. I think those tree roots are going to be a problem, but I am
sure one that you can live with....

My weather is much different than yours, but we found putting
landscaping fabric just between the inner wall and the soil helped a
lot. Our dirt tend to leak out, although slowly and not much, even tho I
have no clue how it did that with those blocks so close together:(
Personally, I did not like the look of dirt sitting on the block below
each seamed one above it.... you probably didn't have to dig down and
put all that grating material in either due to our heaving in the

Amazing how much difference a garden can make to a home. How long have
you lived there?

BTW, have a safe trip!

And for folks that have problems with the long url's....