Re: Today in the Yard

In a message dated 11/01/2004 6:26:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jsinger@igc.org writes:
And if it does work, Auralie, you'll have the material for the first
chapter of your book "Defensive Gardening." There must be lots of
combinations that discourage the marauders.
Oh, I have several chapters already. There are lots of ways to
discourage Bambi - you just have to change your thinking
about what a garden should look like.  I just keep trying to
find ways to protect a few of the things I really hate to give
up, like tulips.
The problem is that nothing works forever.  I had a nice clump
of impatiens snuggled down in a bed full of 'Powis Castle' and
purple Perilla frutescens - lasted most of the summer, but one
day in August I realized that it wasn't there any more - eaten
neatly off.