fall days

Yesterday was a beautiful fall day. Starting to dry out, high 53
degrees. I spent most of the day on my shredder. Tore it down and found
it had a glove in it. Went to the hardware store for some extra bolts it
was missing (where'd they go?). Put it back together and finished
shredding enough to heapingly fill 2 compost bins. When almost done with
that it started slowing way down and then wouldn't start. I suspected
the filthy air filter was the culprit and headed over to A-Z Service for
a new one. He commented that when the airfilter clogs it often fouls out
the spark plug, so I got one of those too. At home I replaced the air
filter, but not the plug. Nothing. So I replaced the plug and said a
little prayer because this was the limit of my knowledge of how to fix
this machine. It fired right up and I was back in business. I ended up
shredding until 7pm. I shredded my across-the-street neighbor's leaves
because she had put a tarp over them, so they were relatively dry. This
am I checked other neighbor's leaves, but most are too wet. I'll have to
wait for the second stage of falling leaves to shred some more. The city
should be coming through here any time now to pick them up.

I have to work today (sunny, high 59) but Sunday is supposed to be
another nice 53 degree day. So I'll tackle a few more projects. Still
have a few bulbs to plant, leaves to rake, vents to cover, hoses to take
in, plants to cut back, annuals to pull, bare ground to mulch. It's too
warm yet to cover the 300 pots I have ready for my spring sale, but
soon. Got some cuttings inside ready to pot up. Seed to clean. Gotta get
more gas for the shredder.

Kitty