From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Theresa
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2004 10:21 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Busy day

So-  yesterday was my busy day outside.  I ripped out the remnants of
the tomatos and planted my snow and snap peas.  The spot I was
solarizing I hope got cooked enough.  The plastic on top of the earth
has started disintegrating.  I'm going to remove it and cover that whole
bed with clear plastic over the winter and into spring until it's time
to plant something else.
I also bought a water trough (like a horse would drink out of- 2x4x2
foot size), drilled holes in the bottom and set it on bricks, and filled
it with soil.  It is outside the window of the room my husband uses as
an office at home.  He used to only have a view of the fence about 5
feet from the window and the neighbors house beyond that- not too
exciting.  It is on the north side of the house.   I got a lattice panel
and attached to the top of the fence, and filled the trough with ferns,
pansies, cyclemen, a couple of mini-mums, and a white bower vine, and an
Alba (sauvolens) rose (a climber that does well in shade).  So, now he
has some color and the rose and bower vine should make a nice green
backdrop once they grow more.