From: Melody
Sent: 11/10/2004 1:14:48 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Back at last and reasonably sane again...maybe

Hi guys! Well...I must say that probably the greatest help in moving on
from last week's defeat was catching up on all of your emails and noting
the humor, respect, and kindness which this potentially volatile issue
was dealt with. Not to mention the many private emails I received from
friends on the list. Thanks guys! Have pretty much made up my mind to
put as positive a face on this election year as I can... improved voter
registration and turnout and the engagement of such a vast and varied
number of the people in the US is NEVER a bad thing no matter who wins
or loses. And this whole experience has just given me more determination
than ever to continue my involvment with politics on a personal, local,
and national level.

Okay, so now back to gardening stuff for me. It's been a struggle to
find enough time to work in my garden...I am so behind! Between two jobs
and three kids and a husband...housework, laundry, sports, church,pets,
etc. etc etc. Now I find myself having to choose between my Master
Gardener activities and educational needs for my job as Director of
Parish Stewardship and Religious Education...a five year program of
Ministry Formation, mostly self guided study with monthly required
readings and video plus small group processing and an 8-10 page
paper...Lots of work. So, regretfully, I'm going to let the MG
certification go for now...but I know I will get back to it at some
point in the distant future. Doesn't mean I won't keep gardening...that
is my outlet to sanity after all.

Andrea: So sorry that I haven't had time to dig your peonies yet...it
has been mostly cold and rainy and miserable whenever I have had time to
get anything done. Is it too late to send them to you in South Carolina
if I were to dig them this weekend?

Jesse: We're going to be in Oklahoma the week of Thanksgiving. We're
leaving Tuesday the 23rd right after I get off work at 7:30 a.m. and
hope to be in Lawton that evening. Figured on leaving OK late Saturday
night or early Sunday morning to get home for work/school on Monday.
Would love to stop and visit if you gusy are going to be around at all.
Don't have any real plans the rest of the week except to do Thanksgiving
with my husband's family (the entire family is traveling to his
brother's in Lawton), so our schedule is pretty open. Let me know. Also,
Fran...we've talked about meeting up in OKC sometime...are you going to
be around that week, too?

Well, have to get the rest of my work done here on the psych. ward done
so I can go home soon and sleep!!!! It's good to be back! I really
missed you guys!

Melody

--Albert Einstein

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com