Re: National Weather

I have used those with good results, but realized that my waterfall kept an area of open water quite well, so in the interest of conserving energy, stopped the tank heater. We now shut down the two smaller ponds, leaving the big one open with all the koi transferred to it, and the waterfall running. Has been successful for the past 4 years.
Cathy
On Tuesday, November 9, 2004, at 03:18 PM, Richard T. Apking wrote:

Just a thought, I use a small "floating tank heater" with a thermostat.
Keeps a hole in the ice so the fish can breath, I notice no increase in my
electric bill, and I've been using mine for 7 years now. I do, however,
remove the pump just to clean and maintain it if needed.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bonnie & Bill Morgan" <wmorgan972@ameritech.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 3:19 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] National Weather

Thanks, all for the info! Mine is a pre-formed pond. We will drain it
and
store the "guts." It is only about 4' X 5' and maybe 2 1/2' deep. Ceres,
with what do you cover your pond? How do you keep water/snow/etc from
collecting in the center? Do you use a center support?

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)