Re: It's finally cooled off

Thanks for the information on overwintering potted roses, Kitty.  I wonder
why they
specify removing all the foliage?  I don't think I could manage digging
enough of a
trench to bury these plants several inches deep.  I will probably try the
plastic bag
idea, but there is no way I can guarantee they won't get colder than 20
degrees.  I
may just have to treat them as annuals and replace them next year - though the
one I overwintered in its pot last year has done splendidly this year.

In a message dated 11/13/2004 12:10:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,