St. Johnswort

Hello All!

Gee, I haven't written in so long that my fingers are rusty (actually, Jacy,
the cat, is sitting on my lap inhibiting my meager typing abilities)!  I
have been feeling lousy for weeks which has kept me out of the garden except
for a few hours here and there when I just couldn't stand watching the fall
marching onward without me.  Of course, I felt worse afterwards!

I dragged many of my container grown plants indoors a few weeks ago before
frosts were predicted.  I was out with a flashlight like Marge cutting
everything in sight when I was certain that there would be a frost.  The
house is full of multicolored foliage and as much bloom as I could bring

I did plant a few stray pots of things that I'd purchased this summer. One
plant I especially like is Hypericum 'Glacier'.  The variegated foliage now
brightens my entry garden along with some brunnera, lamium, carex that are
also variegated. As a bonus, it seems to be somewhat evergreen here as it
has not lost any leaves as of yet. Check out this link:

I just had enough energy to put many other purchased, but not planted, pots
of mostly hosta, into a holding area.  Oodles of potted daylilies will be
held over until spring as well since I haven't been able to get the new bed
ready for them.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that they will survive.

Hang in there Wendy and come back when things quiet down!

Happy Birthday Jim!

Long Island, NY
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)