From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 3:29 PM
To: Chat
Subject: [CHAT] So, here it is...

Doomsday.

Betcha weren't expecting that!

The occasion is, today I officially reached age 72 years. For some
reason at age 10 or 12, I became convinced that I would live to age 72.
Now, when I was 10 or 12, life expectancy was something like age 68. So
72 seemed like a derring-do. Progress; Roosevelt was president and all
things were possible. But, for reasons I can't explain, age 72 has now
become some sort of end game in my mind. I have the distinct feeling
that it's all borrowed time from here on out.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Zone 10a