Re: OT - now tubers was-Wonderful web tribute to the Armed forces

Donna, I love water gardens and pond and fountains and streams--in someone else's yard. We have a koi pond with fountains in the atrium of our building, and it's great to watch the clients become mesmerized by the bubblers, the fish, and the changing lights. [Other shoe] but I don't want another labor intensive garden at the plantation.

The nearby branch library has a retention pond--maybe a quarter acre--with a fountain in the center. It's planted with mostly natives--canna, water lily, arrowroot--and lotus. It's really fantastic when all are in bloom. [Asidum: Heard one of the local news readers call the library a lie-bury this morning. Obviously, she wasn't hired for her intellect.]

Incidentally, just picked my first tangello of the season.