Re: catnip

Cats must've thought the '60s had returned.

On Saturday, November 20, 2004, at 04:19 PM, Zemuly@aol.com wrote:

Auralie, I garden exactly the way you do -- whatever grows goes to seed. I
also have a lot of catnip. The outdoor cats rub in the nubs all winter
long. I have brought it in for the indoor cats, but they do make a huge mess out
of the fresh stalks. How long to you "cook" it in the microwave. I'm sure
mine would love some. I buy baby socks for stuffing with dried catnip, and
they work great. I just throw them away (or wash them in the washing machine)
when they get dirty. I found a small juice glass is just the right size for
filling the socks. I put one of the socks inside the glass then fold the
top back over the outside of the glass and pour in some catnip. I leave enough
sock to tie a knot in the top. One night I heard a commotion in the kitchen
and went to investigate. Seems I had left a very large bag of dried catnip
in the drawer of my work table. The "children" had opened the drawer and
gotten the bag out. There was catnip literally everywhere and some very happy

zone 7
West TN

Island Jim
Southwest Florida