Re: catnip

Might also consider looking at garage sales for one of those food dehydrators that were "must haves" a few years ago.

On Saturday, November 20, 2004, at 06:24 PM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:

The baby socks are a great idea, Zem. I was wondering what would be a good
bag. Once upon a time I would have sewed clever ones, but my old fingers
work that well any more.

I spread a light layer of leaves on a folded paper towel and give it 2
minutes at high.
If it still feels a bit limp I give it another half minute. I have tried
larger bunches but
they don't come out so well. This way the leaves just drop right off with a
good tap,
but if I have several layers the leaves stick to the stems and are harder to
One thing to watch out for I learned the hard way. The paper towel underlay
a bit larger than the turntable and it shifted a bit so that it hung up
against the side
and didn't turn. I didn't notice until it burst into flames. No real harm
done, but
it could have been a problem if I had not been right there. So now I am sure
to keep
the paper smaller than the turntable.

In a message dated 11/20/2004 4:20:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,