From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: 11/20/2004 7:58:12 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] catnip

Pam, my catnip is inside the fenced vegetable garden - that is the only way
I can protect vegetables from the deer.  I suppose a determined cat could
get in, but I don't think they would bother.  I have taken one of my indoor
cats down there a few times for a treat, and she was not able to get out.
One of my outdoor cats has followed me in a few times, but she is much
too fat to get out.  We feed birds and have lots and lots of them.  I can't
really declare that no bird has ever been caught by a cat of mine, but it
hasn't happened often.  Nick, my stupid male goes dashing up trees
after birds and then looks puzzled when the bird is not there when he
gets there.  I have had more birds die from flying into the picture window
than be caught by cats.

In a message dated 11/20/2004 7:12:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,