From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 4:37 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] link to another Island Jim beauty...

Thank you, Donna. I planted the seed for this palm 5 years ago next
February. It took about 6 months to germinate, and forever--maybe 2
years--to develop anything that looked like a stem. Now it's 4 to 5
feet tall. I love it. It has the best color of any Bismarckia I've ever
seen, including those at Selby Botanical Garden, Naples Botanical
Garden, and Fairchild Tropical Gardens.

On Tuesday, November 23, 2004, at 08:27 PM, Donna wrote:

> Well folks, Island Jim has once again sent over a picture of another
> beauty
> in his collection.
>
> You can find the picture here:
>
> http://simplymyworld.com/jimphotos.htm
>
> or a more direct link is:
>
> http://www.simplymyworld.com/bismarckianoblis.jpg
>
> what an awesome plant... too bad it wouldn't be hardy here!
>
> Donna
> Ps... I recently discovered that not everyone can see some of the
> graphics
> that I used on this site... I have changed some things, so now Windows
> and
> Linux can see... but if someone with a mac system gets a "x", please
> let me
> know and I will work on it :)

> http://www.hort.net/funds/

Island Jim