Re: our storm yesterday

In a message dated 11/26/2004 1:18:20 A.M. Central Standard Time,
mtalt@hort.net writes:

I should  be thinking Christmas, but my brain is still in garden
mode...thinking  SPRING

Me, too -- and we have not had a frost yet!  I cannot believe  it.
Everything is still blooming -- even the Impatiens.  I just  layered extra mulch on the
trees and shrubs that are starting to bud.   My azaleas are blooming as is my
Spirea.   I know the almanac said we  were in for an abnormally cold winter,
but at this rate it will be abnormally  short regardless of what kind of
weather we have.  Not that I'm  complaining.  I've already started to dream of new
flower beds next  year.
zone  7
West TN