Re: Cats--progress note

I have multiple of those carpet covered cat tree-type things where the
cats sleep, but also all 3 (fully clawed) cats sharpen their claws.  I
have never had any of my cats claw on furniture (with the exception of
an old futon mattress that likely smelled like something that belonged
outside anyway).  I've found it takes about a year before cats use the
cat tree for claw sharpening.  I think they have to have the cats scent
on them (and stop smelling like new carpet) before they become appealing
to the cats.

Theresa