RE: new dog was Beans

Cyndi, I can believe it. I wish I could take on more, but I am maxed
out. 5 cats is a lot. But there are so many more out there, so many good
cats and dogs that need homes. Instead people shell out $600+ for a
designer animal at a pet store. This just keeps the ball rolling and
more animals end up in shelters. I'm glad you found Trixie.

Kitty

-- Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSR <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil> wrote:
I'd been watching the shelter web site for potential dogs but we saw Trixie
on the news. Our local news occasionally does a segment at the shelter to
show off a couple animals. I always end up in tears at the shelter. All
those animals acting so desperate...there was a dalmation there frantically
trying to get my attention and when I stuck a couple fingers through the
mesh to scratch his ears he just groaned, trying to get closer. But I can't
take them all. I even felt a little bad about taking Trixie, because she'd
had publicity I'm sure someone else would have wanted her, and there were
other Rotts waiting...but none that acted friendly.
Now I've depressed myself again. Well, Trixie is making herself a pain just
as I expected but she and our lab are playing constantly, and she's very
anxious to be with people when we're home. With my husband away for the week
I'm having a little trouble controlling both of them, Vader the lab is
taking the opportunity to misbehave. I'm going to call the obedience club
tonight and sign us up for classes, I obviously need refresher training
myself.

Cyndi