Re: Cats--progress note/catchup

On Nov 5, 2005, at 12:17 AM, Theresa wrote:

Where is the picture of the kitty posted-  I seem to have missed the
link somehow?

Judy Browning wrote:

Congrats on your new kitty, Jim. I like the talkers! She may not be a
beauty, but she is photogenic.Looks quite content with her choice. Very nice
Maisy is in/out at her whim.Just got her a cat door with a sensor that only
allows her to open it. Collar pendant emits a light pulse every few seconds.
Pretty neat.
She was rescued by a neighbor who had 3 big dogs & seven cats at that time.
Former owners had a new puppy that thought she was a chew toy. When our
pretty Cricket (a black manx) died, Maisy moved in. Wanted to be an only cat
I guess. She has her hind claws, but still gets picked on by some of the
neighborhood cats.
Maisy catches mice & birds, almost catches squirrels. She also "scratches"
on my baskets & rug.
re the food bowl thing. Maisy always wants a few "fresh" bits of cat chow in
the dish, then she will eat the rest.
Judy B
z 5 Idaho

From: "Donna" <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>

I agree Judy- mine was declawed in the front when he
came home also. I opted for him rather than the young
kitties when I adopted him. Seems around here everyone
wants a young kitty, not an old man of 8 months...
their loss, as he turned out to be a great cat! But he
is not allowed outside due to it.

From: <Aplfgcnys@aol.com>

I'm sure you are giving her a good home and making her life happier.

cats, like people, still deserve our love and respect. My sofa
has the stuffing hanging out at the back, but I still love my cats and

consider a declawed one to be crippled.

--- Judy Browning <judylee@lewiston.com> wrote:

Well, my cat was declawed before she moved in. I
agree it's a horrible thing
& I would never have a cat declawed. But, I won't
turn down a lovely kitty
just because someone else mutilated her. It is nice
not having to worry
about her shredding the "new" sofa.
From: <Aplfgcnys@aol.com>

Jim, I have found a pair of siblings to be a

really good choice several

times.  I enjoy having more than one cat, but our

pair of sisters are

the most fun.  Kittens aren't nearly as hard to

civilize as puppies, and

I think they adapt more readily than older cats.

Good for you about not

having a de-clawed cat!  I think that's totally

brutality - can hardly be

to people who I know have de-clawed cats.  I

always feel sad when I have

a nice cat spayed - there will never be any more

from that particular

strain - but a non-spayed female does present the

obvious problems.

Sounds to me like the pair of kittens is just what

you need.

In a message dated 10/31/2005 2:59:30 PM Eastern

Standard Time,

islandjim1@verizon.net writes:
I was amused no end by the babies; not sure I want

try to civilize

young'uns, however. And not sure I want two, but

not opposed to it

either. Our first choice is a non-black [Beans was

black] spayed female

not de-clawed.

The lady at the shelter said: "Bring your wife in.

Eighty-seven cats

will jump on her and say "Take me! Take me!'

And I said, "I know. That's what I'm afraid of!"

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10