Re: Roll Call.... everyone alright

It can be difficult to decide when to put the protection out. I've got
shredded leaves and straw bales at the ready to cover about 400 pots
slated for next April sale. Same at our MG nursery. Everything's huddled
and ready to be covered, but it's too soon. This year I plan to develop
some wired protection for my 2 Knock Out Roses and a small Japanese
Maple. I don't think they'll be in jeopardy until spring, but I want to
be sure they are amply protected. These are the only 3 items that the
rabbits will rip to shreds and they nibbled them down to nearly nothing
last spring.

-- Cersgarden@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 11/16/05 8:45:32 AM, 4042N15@nationalhearing.com writes:

> Ceres - is your heat on yet?

Briefly.   We have the temp set at 59.   It is cold this morning, very white
but the sun is brightly shining so the garden room is so warm.   I think the
temps were predicted to get down in the upper 20's but because of that nasty
wind the wind chill factors   were very low but about 0.   I don't have my
special protection on some plants because it had been to warm.   My husband did
place a temp bucket on Hypericum 'TriColor' (zone 7 hardness) last night as I do
not want to lose that.   It has been gorgeous.
     We wanted to finish our outdoor lights today but think that will need to
wait til a warmer day.   My husband is an eskimo and I am sure he will want
to get the job done regardless.   He has not worn a coat for several yrs but
dresses in layers and loves the cold outdoors.