Re: Roll Call.... everyone alright

Well that's the pits, Gene. So sorry you have such an awful mess. Good handwashing so you don't get sick on top of everything else. Hope you can get some professional cleaners in pronto.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@otherside.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Roll Call.... everyone alright

Nope! Not so Fine here.
The heavy rain night before last came far too fast and heavy. Something like 4 to 7 inches in 6 ours. Sewers could not handle it and backed up through our commode and bath tub. Flowed out into bathroom hallway and into the living room to the tune of about 3 inches deep ... and that is with the flow down into the furnace ducts. Happened at 2:30 in the am... we got things under control by about 4:30. Stopped the flow into the house. We have been drying out, cleaning up the past two days. Furnace turned off, wood stove on.
Insurance company will not touch the situation.... we are on our own. Call is left with local furnace repair to clean and repair ducts to furnace... mostly clean.. smells like.... well, S--t around here.
Main path up and into the garden is now out in the lawn...We will live, but not be happy campers for a few days.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana