Re: now weather- Roll Call.... everyone alright

It was in the 20s here this morning. First frost of the year and a killing frost at that. I couldn't bear the thought of letting the bearded ficus die, so I cut it back by about 5 feet all around so it would fit throught the front door. It's on a very sturdy dolly so I had only to roll it into the house from the front porch. Now it takes up a portion of the living room.
zone 7
West TN
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] now weather- Roll Call.... everyone alright

I do know where you're coming from, Holli. #2 son has promised since early
September to come to help us get things in and ready for winter, and to bring
us a load of wood, of which he has ample. So far we haven't seen him. We
bought a load of wood, and the very nice man who cleans our windows and
floors came by after another job in the area and helped us bring in our heavy
pots - wouldn't even let us pay him!

I am hopeful that the plants you couldn't get in did survive after all. It
supposed to freeze hard here last night - down in the middle 20s was
predicted - but it didn't happen. 39 degrees this morning! Since we are
about 50 miles north of you and don't have the tempering effect of the L.I.
we are usually quite a bit colder than you. Here's hoping the freeze missed
you too.
Take care of that ankle.

In a message dated 11/17/2005 8:29:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,