Re: Photo shoot

Worst thing the flash did was wash out the bud of the kale. But I agree--I always turn the flash off for the first several shots, then turn it back on and let it do its thing for the next few. Once I get it into Photoshop, I try screwing around with the underexposed non-flash pictures to see what I can bring up. It works sometimes but not always. I also try modulating that flash glare on the others. Again, maybe yes, maybe no.

Love working with a digital camera, though--I've always got the originals in an archive so if some new hare-brained idea strikes me, I can fetch it anew to play with.

On Nov 20, 2005, at 6:45 PM, Chris Petersen wrote:

Wish I didn't have to use a flash for that shot. I suppose that I could try
to fix it in photoshop, but I'm not using it for anything else. I love
photography, especially macro.

Chris Petersen
Northport, New York
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 6:26 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Photo shoot

Like your fall colors, too, Chris. The three pumpkins is my kind of
photo; nice cropping.

On Nov 20, 2005, at 6:16 PM, Chris Petersen wrote:

Jim,

You are too funny! Nice photos though!

Here is a REAL taste of fall.  These photos were taken at the Planting
Fields Arboretum yesterday as the sun was setting:
http://snipurl.com/k2bh.

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)