Re: Roll Call.... everyone alright

Oh my..... not my kind of shower. Live and learn... isn't it great when we are past some of those life lessons?
zone 6b
western Ok
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Roll Call.... everyone alright

And if, like us, you have no sewer line but a septic tank, it should be, if
all possible, down-hill from the house. About every two years we have the
septic tank dug out and pumped out. There are a couple of vents into the
drain fields, but that's only to check to see if they are flowing freely. In
previous house - this is about 40 years ago - the septic tank was uphill
from the house and would cause serious backups. Since we were quite
impecunious in those days, and Chet traveled most of the time, I became
quite the jane of all trades. Once I thought perhaps I could help the
slow drain by opening the cap I could see in the basement where the
house drains went out into the septic tank. You can imagine the
results. This cap was about six feet from the floor, so I got a complete
shower. Did solve the problem, however.

In a message dated 11/21/2005 8:12:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,