From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Theresa
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 9:56 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Zone 9 CA shade plants

Hummmm- shade.  I suppose technically Sacramento is centeral northern
California and we are now zone 9 according to the new map anyway.  So-
I have the following growing in shade (some spots stay moister than
others- though I wouldn't describe any spot as really moist, as least
not by East coast standards):

Azalea
Anemone
Ferns of every imaginable kind
several varieties of Mahonia
Bay laurel
Fuschia flowering gooseberry (Ribes speciosum)
Cyclamen
hydrangea
peony
Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate*'
kerria japonica

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of right now.

Theresa