Re: 2006 Calendar

A "hotbed", eh?  Well bottom heat does help. ;+)

-- "Daryl" <pulis@mindspring.com> wrote:

I'm going to use the "Gardening by the Moon Calendar"  this year. Many years
ago, this area was a hotbed of old-timers who gardened by the moon. They'd
call in to my radio show and tell the other listeners what to plant and
when. They also very patiently tried to explain to me "how", but it didn't

A woman in California has taken that information and made a calendar out of
it that tells when to plant leaf and root crops, trees, vines, graft, prune,
transplant, cultivate compost , water and fertilize for each date. It also
has a page of to-dos for each month.  It comes in 3 versions for different
parts of the country based on first and last frost dates, so it should be
easy to follow.

With luck, I might remember to follow it, and with luck, I might actually be
able to tell a difference. The old-timers especially had great luck with
keeping weeds down, and claimed it's because they did it at the right time.
If nothing else, it's still a calendar.

My vet usually has cute calendars too, and I'll hang one of those so that
Bill can keep track of his stuff, too.