Re: link on stinky plant

Zem & Donna,
I grow aroids here ... fascinate the dickens out of me and have for years. Someone gave me an amorphallus (sp??) a few years back and it had its own container that gets moved to the garden until fall, then back to dormancy in the greenhouse. The Voodoo lily you refer to is hardy here and has been for years. Absolutely gorgeous foliage... looks very tropical. Also hard here is the Devils' arum that has now formed a nice tight colony. Arum italicum does very well here and I purchased it first many years back. Arisaema is of course a member of the family and those I have been collecting for many years and have quite a few now. In fact, take a look at the November/December issue of The American Gardener magazine. I have an article on Arisaema in that issue along with a couple of photos.
Because they make good bathroom jokes, the scent gets more attention than deserved... the plants themselves.. foliage, is something else on many of these.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

I think Aroids are just great. There was a giant one at the Univ. of MN (I think), anyway it had a camera focused on it with an internet link. We talked about it a while ago, and that's when I got the link. A friend of mine used to have a Voodoo Lily, another aroid, and it did smell like rotten meat. Pretty gross, but still way cool.
zem