RE: Guess everyone survived

As usual, I caught a cold from the kids at school- started about a week ago.
I was worried that I would have to cancel Thanksgiving dinner at my house. A
couple of naps after school allowed me to get enough energy to pull it all
together. After school Wednesday, I make two pies- and an all chocolate
birthday cake for my dad's 83rd birthday. Then I cooked and straightened all
morning and early afternoon Thursday.  Actually, my son who will be 24
helped a lot. With guidance, he took care of 10 pounds of potatoes for the
garlic mashed potatoes and cut up and sautied the onions, peppers, celery
and sausage for the stuffing. I had to help on the second onion as he was
crying so hard! Since he helped, I managed another 45 minute nap around
noon. There were only 12 of us, but that was all we could possibly squeeze
around my table!

I've got to get rid of this cold before next Thursday, as we are going
kayaking overnight at North Nest Key near Key Largo, Florida. My son planned
this trip for us. He and my husband have done a fair bit of kayaking, but
I'm pretty much a novice. We will get a tandem kayak for Jaron and me as I'm
not sure I can paddle the distance we'll be going.  I'm getting too old for
these types of adventures!

I'm glad to hear that everyone so far had a good holiday!

We had only a high of 340 with lows in the 20's. I guess all the annuals
should be good and dead, but I didn't venture outside to look! The wind
gusts last night were scary!

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)