Re: Well, it's cold.....beautyberry

According to info in my guides, Callicarpa americana can grow in acid or
lime, rich or very poor soil.  It does do better with some moisture and in
dappled shade.  Companion plants are:  live oak, post oak, pines,
sparkleberry, parsley hawthorn, rusty blackhaw, viburnum, and dogwood.  I
have mine in my "native garden" area near oaks, pawpaw, sassafras, beech,
American holly, viburnums, and wild cherry.  It is on a slope where it gets
some natural drainage.

The birds are cleaning mine off as I write.

If you can grow one of the companion plants successfully, it seems that you
could plant it nearby.

Bonnie Zone 7/7 ETN