Re: Windy, rainy

Has been windy rain & warm here too. 65F, thanks to the "pineapple express". Don't you love the names they give these weather systems? Most of my porch pots froze in the cold snap 2 weeks ago. Looks like a couple of the geraniums might live.
We voted about 10 am, but the calls keep coming.
Will look forward to pics of the orchid when things calm down.
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 8:44 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Windy, rainy

It's a windy, rainy day--gloomy, but not cold [74 degrees]. Began picking "kirmizi aci" peppers yesterday, so I'm drying them today. Picked 11 yesterday, mostly from the inside of the plant, where they don't show. I want to let those on the outside stay put until most are ripe and I can take a picture of it to send to the young lady who sent the seeds. Looks like this plant will produce two to three dozen peppers this season. That's a lot of hot!

Got another orchid blooming, but it's bobbing around in the wind too much to photograph.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10