Re: this weekend in the garden

I went a little crazy buying pansies, snaps, nemesia, etc. I have 2 nice pots and a window box full now. They will bring me lots of smiles when it is cold (for here) and nothing else is blooming. It's going down in the 30's this week so I've got to figure out where to put all the house plants. EEK! I'm taking some to work, simply because I don't have the space at home.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2007 7:46 PM
Subject: [CHAT] this weekend in the garden

I trimmed more stuff back for fall. Filled both green-waste barrels so decided that was enough for now. I also planted grass seed in the sections of the front yard that I had killed with round-up (the only way to get rid of bermuda grass). So, that should start growing in a week or so. I still have some random tomatoes ripening. I thought about getting snow peas to plant, but didn't get that far. I did move my bee nesters to a better spot, so they are now ready for winter (and will now be able to stay in that spot permanently). I have some kind of narcissus blooming, fall crocus, streptocarpus, fuschia, roses, pineapple sage also.

It was a lovely weekend here-