Re: OT: Everyone must be....

My friend Liz and I always have a party on the longest day (what I assumed was Dec 21) so we can celebrate the days turning back to longer. We usually have margaritas-started that tradition years ago because we both get very depressed with the shorter days. The other night I was cleaning house and kept thinking it was time to go to bed when it was really only about 6:30. So, I had recently watched Finding Nemo again and I had to remind myself of Ellen Degeneres's character Dorie singing "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" so I cleaned around the house muttering that to myself. I had to laugh at me that time. LOL!
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 6:07 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT: Everyone must be....

Pam,

I can't do anything about your horrible year, but three things save me at this time of year. SAM-E. early morning lights, and the thought that in only 6 weeks, daylight hours will start increasing. (I have an English friend to thank for that last bit of optimism. )

I'm glad I live in the South. I'm sure I would have killed myself by now if I had had to stay up north.