Re: Sad and life continued

That is one of my favorite poems. I'm fortunate to have been raised in a family where the importance of poetry was stressed. It has been salvation for me on many occasions. Thanks, Bonnie, for reminding me of this one.
To: "gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 10:46 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Sad and life continued

A friend sent me this...

Let It Go

Let go of the ways you thought life would unfold;
the holding of plans or dreams or expectations - Let it all go.
Save your strength to swim with the tide.
The choice to fight what is here before you now
will only result in struggle, fear and desperate attempts to flee
from the very energy you long for. Let it go.

Let it all go and flow with the grace
that washes through your days
whether you receive it gently
or with all your quills raised to defend against invaders.
Take this on faith: The mind may never find the explanations that it seeks,
but you will move forward nonetheless.

Let go, and the waves crest
will carry you to unknown shores,
beyond your wildest dreams or destinations.
Let it all go and find the place of rest
and peace, and certain

Donna Faulds
_Go In and In: Poems from the Heart of Yoga_
via the Kripalu fall/winter 2003 catalog

Bonnie Holmes
ETN Zone 7