Finally first frost

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Finally first frost
  • From: "Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:20:22 -0800

I went out this morning and the condensation on top of the car was
frozen.  Finally we're getting some cold weather.  I haven't checked the
veggie garden yet but as of yesterday I still had live and growing
tomato plants, with green tomatoes, even the eggplant and basil are
still alive. We shut off the water weeks ago however so not much was
happening. Now I suppose I should collect the green 'maters and finish
digging everything up.
Also on deck for the weekend, husband will start putting up lights and I
will be raking leaves.  We have lots of horse events scheduled again so
the yard chores are not getting done real fast.  I am still (STILL!)
dithering about hiring a gardener, need to stop sitting on my hands and
just call some places. Talk about procrastination, sheesh. But then
instead of just worrying it will cost a lot to take care of the garden,
I will definitely know it will cost a lot, and I can move on to plan B.
It might be the bulldozer, who knows...my sister owns a little tractor
with a bucket on it, and she knows how to move dirt now. :-)

Cyndi