From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Theresa W
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 9:56 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Off topic... cat introduction

Well, my newest edition is really settled in.  She does sleep in the
bathroom though- so that the other cats and I all get some sleep.  I've
done the thing where you put the new cat in a separate room from the
others, and then change that room everyday.  This way the whole house
smells like the new cat, before any of the existing cats ever see the
new one.  Supposed to make the new comer less threatening since they
don't smell new anymore by the time they are face-to-face.  I do think
this works the best from my experience.  With my kitten I just didn't
have time or will-power to do this, so we just let everyone have to deal

with this.  Which after a week or so, worked out too.  Helps that this
was a kitten though.

Theresa