Re: Happy Halloween!

Dh and I do a Haunted House every year for the  kids. Neighbors used to join
in, last one moved this year, so now it  is just us.  We have a couple dogs in
the back yard, and one in the  bathroom with the window open.  We have a
scarey sound CD in the stereo  that continuosly plays, with doors creaking, chains
clanking, cats screaming,  dogs howling, etc.  You hear it in the house, as
well as a little outside  with the doors and windows open.........having the
dogs barking from the back  yard, as well as the one in the bathroom window,
helps the stereo  effect.   They never know where the sounds are all coming
from.  We also have dummies dressed up and set up in the yard, since we  no longer
have the neighbors to help.....so it definitely gives the effect  that there
are a ton of people involved, and animals too.  Our cats  join in too, sitting
here or there, or will walk through the  house, or outside too....it's
hillarious to see the kids jump and scream at the  sight of the cat that just sat
there actually get up and  move.  Doesn't take much to scare the older kids at
all.....their  imagination does most of the work.

Unfortunately this year, we could not have it inside at all due to Ike, and
were worried the kids might be disapointed to only have it outside, but
thankfully they weren't.  Did have less kids though due to a friday night,  with
football and such going on, or just Ike.  Had about 75-100 instead of  double
that much usually.
It was fun, beautiful weather too.

Noreen
zone 9