RE: Today in the garden

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: RE: Today in the garden
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 15:37:41 -0800

I haven't pruned the greggiis at all, but I should, they are getting
pretty straggly looking. I want to get some more germander sage too, but
I can't remember where I mail-ordered it from. It's not available
locally. Maybe I should drop by that new nursery this winter with a list
of suggested plants for them to carry. They seemed pretty open to that
sort of thing.
I'm reading what I wrote before and it's not salvia palmerii, it's
penstemon palmerii. I sure like them but they are very short-lived; must
be why they reseed so readily.