Re: Bay trees (was Where is everyone?)

My plant has what looks like flower buds on it now. I wonder whether they just freeze in the winter.

----- Original Message ----- From: <TeichFauna@aol.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 7:31 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Bay trees (was Where is everyone?)

According to my AHS book, it states that one can sow seeds in containers in
a cold frame in autumn, or take semi-ripe cuttings in summer.    Mine has
never bloomed nor set seed that I've seen. I have never tried to grow one from a
cutting.  Perhaps one of the seed companies sells the  seed.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast