RE: Time change
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: Time change
  • From: "andreah" <andreah@hargray.com>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 07:12:11 -0500

I too am one of those who prefers it being dark early in the am and the days
longer Auralie. I get up early too and like to linger over coffee. Barb, I
find your facts very interesting. I've always assumed our sunset started
later after Dec 21 and that always raised my spirits. My friend and I
celebrate every year with margaritas. Anyway- Jim, I like the changes too,
up to a point, but I'm one of those that loves the cooler at first and then
complains when it gets really cold and same goes for the heat. Just can't
make me happy! LOL!

Interestingly enough, I have a friend with M.S. and she was telling me that
there have been studies done possibly linking M.S. with vitamin D
deficiencies, and that more people from the northern states get it than the
southern states. She was raised in Michigan. Of course there's no "proof" of
that yet, but I thought it fascinating.

I wonder if taking extra vitamin D would make those with SAD feel better.
Now I need more coffee......