Re: storm....
  • Subject: Re: storm....
  • From: Cersgarden@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 10:28:29 -0500 (EST)

Noreen, I have read   the recent messages and glad to hear all is well from
those we have heard from.   It is hard to believe the storm photos and
hearing the residents plea for help.   Seems to be another Katrina. Auralie, I
am so sorry you are in the dark.   Hang on my friend and hope there is light
soon. We were recently without power for 12 hrs and it was the longest 12
hrs!   We have underground utilies but with the only recent rain which wasn't
much, water got into the equipment under ground.
     I am doing well but did not attend the Houston show this year as our
son has been in the hospital
since Aug 28 and 31 days was in ICU.   He had a successful surgery but they
were unable to take him off the vent due to lung failure (ARDS).   He now
has a trach but unable to breath on his own.   I just had both my cataracts
taken care of a week apart.   It was painless and hopefully I will not need
corrective lenses as I paid the extra and got the best lens.   I have mono
vision lens, one for distance and one for close-up   which is the same as my
contacts were.
     This has been the most unbelievable year for gardening.   We had 90
deg weather in March, a big freeze in April, extreme drought which continues
but a beautiful fall.   I have hopes for a better year next season however
they are saying to expect the lack of rain to continue.   I have 3 large
garden tours scheduled in June.
     So glad we have one day remaining till the election.   Obama, Michelle
and concert team will be in Des Moines   East Village (just at the foot of
the capital) this evening.   My youngest GD, Nadia, now a kindergarten
teacher, lives in one of the historical lofts and the bleachers were being setup
just below her windows. Her sister, Natasha who now lives, works and working
on her masters in Denver is so envious.
     Sorry this list is not what it was.   I am not a part of the social
scene but am a member of Facebook with 2 friends only, no more!   I am only
there for my spring greenhouse job which uses for means of preseason
information.   I spend to much time on the computer as is.
     Best wishes to you all, Ceres (Carolyn)