Re: Frost

We had frost last night and the birdbath had a thin coating of ice, but I had expected colder temperatures. Planted some perennials yesterday I'd bought "on sale" , but most were native to this part of the continent, so I am not really worried about them. For me, this is ideal gardening weather -- I can work outside in complete comfort (as opposed to pulling weeds in 90+ degree temperatures) of course, the weeds that multiplied during our "prairie summer" weather are probably still several steps ahead of me! Am still hoping to get a few more shrubs in the ground before the "real cold" sets in. Am trying to work on some needlework ornaments for our local chapter of EGA's contribution of a decorated tree for our local charity auction, but I've been outside more than in!
Cathy, west central IL, z5...or 6???!