Re: heather was: soil types and pH

> From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
> Marge, this is sadly a moot point in my garden now.  A few days ago
the deer
> completely devastated the bergenia bed - pulled the tubers right
out of the
> ground and ate off all the foliage.  I have tried replanting the
tubers, but
> fear they are goners.
Oh Auralie!  You have my deepest sympathy - know just how you feel as
have had this happen to me (not with Bergenia - never had that around
long enough for anything to eat it).   Proves they will eat anything,
even plants with thick, leathery leaves...they are just vermin on the
hoof in my view.  It's just sickening the damage they can do.  If
they don't eat it, they stomp on it.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :