From: Richard T. Apking [mailto: richa@midlands.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:20:06 -0700
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Garden railroads

Hi Melody,<br><br>I have a garden railway, and I wish I had someone like
store near you that handles the gauge (size) of trains you<br>want to
run. This place should be your greatest friend.<br>2. Ask the hobby
store people if there is a garden railway club in your<br>vicinity.
Hopefully there will be, these folks will be a great asset.<br>3. Go to
a book/magazine store and purchase a copy of Garden
Railroad<br>magazine. It is a treasure-trove of material.<br>4. Ask
questions, listen and record the answers. I guarantee the money
and<br>grief you save will build your railway many times over.<br>5. Let
me know how you make out. If you have questions, I'll help in any<br>way
I can. Rich in Z-5<br>----- Original Message -----<br>From: "Melody"
<mhobertm@excite.com><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Friday,
October 10, 2003 3:48 AM<br>Subject: [CHAT] Garden
We are looking to rip<br>> out a huge garden area infested with mints
and start completely over<br>> from scratch...my husband is very keen on
the idea of a garden railroad,<br>> something neither of us has any
experience with, so could use any and<br>> all help available. I would
like to start planning for this now, as we<br>> are going to get started
on this in the early spring and I'd like to<br>> avoid as many mistakes
5/4)<br>><br>> "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the