Re: RE: holiday decorating

> From: Donna <justme@prairieinet.net>
> Curious how many of us are lax in the cleaning department during
the gardening season?
----------

Lax is a weak adjective to describe my house cleaning during
gardening season:-)  Non-existent would be more like it.  I do run
the mini-vac around our bedroom wing every week, but that's about it
unless company is coming, when I reluctantly give up a couple of
gardening evenings to hysterical house cleaning.   I can either work
and garden or work and clean house.  Guess which wins?  Of course, by
late fall, the house is a pit and I have to work my buns off to get
it back into shape, but them's the breaks.  I figure if my DH does
not like that, he can clean it.....resounding HA!

Once upon a time, I had a dear, darling lady come once a week to help
keep the dust bunnies from turning into dust elephants, but she was
trying to run a couple of other businesses and had to stop doing
houses and I haven't had the $$ since to have anyone else.  That was
SUCH a luxury...a reasonably clean house year around!  Sigh.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade