From: Richard T. Apking [mailto: richa@midlands.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:49:08 -0700
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Garden railroads

Hi Donna,<br><br>At first I went totally insane and poured reinforced
concrete in trenches.<br>I eventually caught common sense and started
using a crushed stone product<br>called half and less, meaning that the
stone was crushed to 1/2" diameter<br>and less. Worked pretty well, some
of it has been in place for 5 years.<br><br>I imagine his gravels would
work, the main thing is that the roadbed not<br>shift or move from frost
and freezing. Rich in Z-5<br>----- Original Message -----<br>From:
"Donna " <justme@prairieinet.net><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent:
Monday, October 13, 2003 6:56 PM<br>Subject: RE: [CHAT] Garden
stuff!.... like this kinda gravel, then that kinda<br>> gravel, then
crushed rock, then chicken grit.... now talking about using<br>> rain
neglected the last part of your letter.<br>> ><br>> > My biggest mistake
was being in too much of a hurry, and not planning<br>> for<br>> >
expansion of the railroad.<br>> ><br>> > I should have planned a little
longer, it would have saved two<br>> teardowns<br>> > that should have
been expansions. If I did anything correctly, it was<br>> > that<br>> >
I built my sub roadbed almost as well as the Romans built their