From: "Pamela J. Evans" <gardenqueen@gbronline.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 9:05 PM
Subject: Re: RE: [CHAT] holiday decorating

Fran - how did I survive winters in NE PA?? Hated it. I'm a Virginian by
birth, then my folks moved to PA when I was six. Threw a wall-eyed fit.
Mother said when you're grown you can move anywhere you want. And I did
- HA!! They still can't believe it 21 years later. Yep - cleaning is not
the highest priority, except in winter between Christmas time garden
trimming and cleanup and mid-February when rose prining season starts.
So for six weeks - the house looks great! I've never seen a tombstone
say - she kept a beautiful house. That's NOT what people remember about
you. People remember - you were kind, funny, articulate, creative,
intelligent, compassionate, ecologically responsible, a good (fill in
the blanks) friend,
sister/brother/daughter/son/mother/father/husband/wife etc. THAT'S what
people love about you. Not how &^%$#@!! clean your house was. Oops,
sorry about the soapbox. Stepping off now.

xo - P