Re: Vacation Rtn

In a message dated 10/24/2003 3:37:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Cersgarden@aol.com writes:

> In NO we ran into a retired law enforcement officer from Ohio
> transplanted to Florida.  He said he didn't know why anyone would stay in
> the north and
> he got out as quickly as he could. I had to be honest with him and let him
> know
> I loved Iowa and had not seen anyplace else I wanted to call home.  Now I
> know many of you will tell me you could not live here but isn't it grand we
> all
> are not happy with the same thing.

And I grew up in Florida and don't know why anyone would want to live there -
couldn't wait to get out.  I, too,  have not seen anyplace other than where I
am that I want to live - and we have traveled to quite a lot of places.  I
think my husband would move to the Southwest at the drop of a hat if he thought
he could move me, but I guess he's resigned to staying where we are.  I enjoy
going other places, but the Hudson Valley remains the place I want to come
home to.  It's really grand that we are not all happy with the same thing, as you
say.  Think of the traffic congestion!