Re: Vacation Rtn

From your description, I think I stayed at the same hotel some 12 years ago! Did one of those walking tours of historic houses in the quarter - some lovely little urban oasis's. We will again be in NO for a week beginning 4 November. A great place to visit, but I agree with you re Mardis Gras. It was bad enough on St. Patrick's Day those many years ago.
On Friday, October 24, 2003, at 10:31 AM, Cersgarden@aol.com wrote:

Good morning! I have rtnd from our vacation. Had a wonderful time. We flew
into New Orleans, stayed in the French Qtrs at an old hotel, built in 1870,
which had a fabulous court yard packed with plants. Included were 2 huge
magnolia trees and a peach blooming burgmansia loaded with bloom and unbelievable
fragrance. From there we reversed our travel ending again in NO & the
French qtr. I have always wanted to attend Mardi Gras but after spending 2
evenings on Bourbon St during the week, I believe it would be smart not to
pursue that dream. Ceres, Iowa zone 4/5