RE: wagons and carts

Christine Petersen   Northport, Long Island, New York       Zone 7

I use a large wooden cart for most of my gardening projects.  I usually
am hauling pots of plants, manure and  tools, so I need a large cart!
Our property is narrow, but very long (50' x 1500' ).  I can't garden on
the majority of it, but I do have to cart debris back to a huge brush
pile and compost area.  I really don't do much composting.  I just dump
it out back, out of sight.  I use the cart to haul things from the car,
like groceries and other purchases.  The route from the car to the house
is about 80' so the cart is, in my opinion, a necessity!

I use my wheel barrow and another broken down metal cart as backups.  I
usually have one or the other full of the products of unfinished weeding
or planting projects!  In my life, there can never be too many carts, or
baskets for that matter!

I didn't buy any bulbs this fall, as I have not finished my other
outdoor chores!  I have made a self-imposed rule that until I finish the
unfinished projects, I can't buy another thing!  I really have to force
myself to pass over the bulb sales!  I'm hoping to finish up the loose
ends and dig some holes for bulbs.  Only then will I go shopping!  I
wish I could have the same will power when it comes to food!

I have the same allergies as the rest of you.  I use Puff's with aloe
too!  We should get them as a sponsor!  I'm also supposedly allergic to
my two cats, but I'd never part with my babies!

Oh, I have to tell you about the bird activity yesterday!  I haven't
turned off my sprinkler system yet, and yesterday there were flocks of
robins and other birds splashing around under it.  There was even a
flicker drinking water out of a mini fish pond on my deck!  What alerted
me to the event was the sound of birds hitting a window one too many
times!  I found a robin stunned on my deck, but it eventually flew away.

I'll have to see if the birds are still around today.

Chris